Originally Posted By: furry
Guys, I'm not a huge user of sonar, I just basically use it to record midi from the reason 3 synth and export it as a wav. I don't edit from it nor, add effects, I've plenty other plug ins I can use. In other words, it doesn't have to have all the whistles & bangs with it and be able to cook the dinner while you have a nap. I suppose you could say I'm a low end user who just needs to record midi from reason

in that case, I'd recommend Cakewalk Music Creator instead of X1 Essentials. MC7 is guaranteed to work with Win10 and it's only $20!

edit - didn't realize you could buy it from pg!!

edit 2: didn't read the post regarding rewire until after I posted. that info is probably the most correct.

I am certain that X1 Essentials did not have rewire 2 and I think the newest version of sonar does, but I'm not certain of that. and I don't know for certain if MC7 does or not, but I'll try to find out.

edit 3: laugh yes! MC7 supports Rewire2 but with limitations - only 1 instrument can be loaded per project. here's more info available on rewire capabilities for MC:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Music%20Creator%206%20Touch&language=3&help=SoftSynths.21.html

Last edited by Beagle; 02/17/16 07:57 AM.