Here is my list of suggestions to improve RealBand:

1) A much better system to control Audio Volume because:
a) recording mixer moves is clunky and inaccurate
b) when you draw volume changes as controllers in the Piano Roll view, you can't tell what you are drawing in relation to the waveform
c) it would be best to draw a volume envelope directly on the wave form, or in a separate window where you can see the waveform.

2) Standard Solo, Mute, Record buttons for each track.

3) When highlighting or selecting something in Track View, that same selection region should appear in other views, e.g., Piano Roll. Selecting a region in any view should appear in any other relevant view.

4) Make a better way to make sure NOTHING is selected. I discovered that you can move the mouse vertically in a spot to select a very small region, but I haven't found a way to deselect everything. Most programs have an easy way of doing that.

5) Sometimes it's hard to tell if a button is on or off. Change it so that it's more obvious what the status of a button is. I'm thinking particularly of the Snap, Solo and Lock buttons, but it should apply to any button status.

6) In the Mixer window, it should be obvious if an effect or effects is present under the FX button. Maybe have the FX button change color (a very obvious change) if effects are present.

7) In the mixer, the "all" button for Volume seems to keep the relative levels of different tracks as it increases or decreases volume. On the other hand, the Pan button automatically changes the pan of all tracks to whatever setting the All pan knob has. I don't know why you would ever want to do that.

8) Piano Roll horizontal zooming should center around Now Time.

9) There needs to be a <-- LEFT arrow for editing midi notes so that the end time of a note stays the same and you can change the start time, essentially doing the opposite of what the --> Right arrow now does. So there should be four arrows for midi editing:
<--left, -->right, double <----> and the vertical arrows for pitch.

10) In the Track view, Snap seems to be set to quarter notes. It would be nice if it could be set to any note value, or to measure.

Thanks,

John