First what MATT said re: USB. Overall, fewer issues for music gear if direct to MoBo or over PC bus (via a PCI or PCIe bus card) not over, even a powered, HUB.

[As an aside: what is your PC, OS, and other peripherals (besides the listed firewire and USB items) and finally, and again just "an aside" do you know power supply wattage?]

again for the record this is just my advice/opinion (and you know what they say about opinions and advice)

IMO your most PRODUCTIVE/flexible studio config (with info listed) would be:

1. This is the merely obvious part: Guitar analog to GT10 and guitar GK to GI 20 then:

2. MIDI:

(MIDI part 1a ) for Guitar: again GK13 to GI 20 (obviously) then GI-20 to PC over USB and back from PC over same USB. Inside PC you may need/want some additional MIDI routing SW like Loopbe 30, MIDI Yoke/MIDI Ox, as well as your DAW's and sequencers. MIDI data coming back to GI-20 (from PC) will go out the GI-20 5-pin MIDI out (assuming you are set to "MIDI Playback ON" in the GI-20) so use the 5-pin MIDI out of GI-20 to "daisy chain" into GT10 MIDI-in, then GT10 MIDI-out to VF 1 MIDI-in and finally from VF1 MIDI-out to DOD 7 MIDI-in.

(MIDI part 1 B) ALSO connect the GT10 to computer over USB. This gives you additional flex both for MIDI and audio especially if all you are using on a song is the GT10 it also allows GT10 audio to stay in the digital domain instead of going over to Firepod as analog and getting converted there to digital.

(MIDI part 2) for control of TC Helicon when using "vox" (I have no hands on experience with these kinds of vocal items) but I would use the Firepod's MIDI I/O port to control that unit since, you will be using a mic and/or or audio from PC anyway - this has nothgin to do with guitar (MIDI or audio) "paths" (does it?) so probably less confusion when sitting down to map out a production.

(MIDI part 3) for Kore 2, use and control, use the USB - again I have no experience with this item but given what it does I think direct USB to PC is best. You could try and daisy chain with other 5-pin MIDI units but not sure you want to.

With the right PC internal routing/re-routing software and good configuration control and a good MIDI sequencer you can control GI-20 and Firepod's MIDI out ports to control all patches and configs of your external MIDI gear.

ALL of the "MIDI stuff" WOULD BE EASIER with a MIDI patch bay - that would reduce confusion factor when configuring a song within a sequencer/DAW or trouble shooting why this or that doesn't work as expected in a given song.

[remember before they were called "DAWs" they were called sequencers grin ]

When configs get complex DRAW A PICTURE and keep it handy for reference. (see mine it's an out of date drawing and out of date equipment but you get the idea) MY current one is laying on desk and in rack!

3. AUDIO:

Since I don’t think your Presonus Firepod software interface has a software MIXER function ( I did a quick check of owner's manual but may have missed it) that is a some additional SW for the Firepod that allows you to control, inside the PC, and route/re-route some of the 8 firewire audio signals coming in to Firepod back out to other Firepod outputs you will PROBABLY need a small external mixer.

And from what you say you want to do I think it best if it has some, at least ONE, FX stereo send/receive pair (but might work with a mono send/stereo receive) to be able route audio around at times before coming back to PC via Firepod.

(again see my out o' date audio route drawing)

Thoughts:

As far as your DOD G7, really? Doesn’t the GT10, even additional audio FX of the VF1, give you the same or better FX? And if you send GT10 stereo out to VF 1 stereo in then VF1 stereo out to Firepod you have even more.

I can see MAYBE using the G7 MONO in/stereo as something YOU MIGHT want to add in your GT10 FX loop but why would you? Not bad mouthing DOD or Digitech gear I still have and use a old Digitech 2 rack space unit, a Digitech Studio 400, 4-in /4-out multi-FX unit, it is in-line with my Lexicon Signature 284 rack amp as my main FX unit and I AM an analog, antique, boutique, stomp box SNOB!)

Larry

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Freelance Graphics - Keyb10.jpg (391.04 KB, 110 downloads)
Freelance Graphics - Keyb10 audio.jpg (309.08 KB, 111 downloads)
Last edited by Larry Kehl; 03/20/16 02:34 PM. Reason: a few typos and probably still have some - oh well

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20