Dear PG forum community, his is a song I wrote in the 90's. At the time, my fantasy was to have Bonnie Raitt record it. Hearing Janice sing on the forum, I thought she would be a great singer to go for that feel. She BLEW ME AWAY with her vocal. I think it's just beautiful. Thanks to Janice, and to Bud for helping engineer and coordinate everything. I would also like to throw a big shout out to my "ghost" producer, the person who has been an endless source of help, education, advice, encouragement, friendship, and almost everything else that helps to sustain people like us, songwriters/singers doing it just for the love of it. He is also the Godfather, the glue, and the guru of this forum. You may have guessed I'm talking about Floyd Jane. Thanks for immeasurable help and support Floyd! Comments always appreciated. Take care all.

Sincerity

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/sinceritymix-1

We’ve approached this love from every direction except for straight ahead
Our words have been disguised and measured before they have been said
We’re veterans of the game of love and virgins of the heart
We both sit back and play our cards so smart

But I have to tell you honestly, I’ve been prayin’ for a change
So, I’ll wear my heart out on my sleeve, though it fits me kinda strange
When you look at me I long to see the child within your soul
Not a shadow of the man in control

Let’s try Sincerity
Let’s try Sincerity
I’ll tell you what I feel for you and you can talk to me
We’ve been playin’ at this love to long, let’s set our feelings free
It’s time we tried a new approach
Let’s try Sincerity

We’ve always had unspoken rules on which we have agreed
But I’ll risk this love I want so much for the one I’ve come to need
Though your hands have learned their craft so well, I need a lover’s touch
I believe that you might need it just as much

Let’s try Sincerity
Let’s try Sincerity
I’ll tell you what I feel for you and you can talk to me
We’ve been playin’ at this love to long, let’s set our feelings free
It’s time we tried a new approach
Let’s try Sincerity

I lost the will for playin’ this same old game we’ll never win
But still I keep on prayin’ we find a new place to begin

I used BIAB RT for bass (I'll try to give the specific). EP was from EZKeys electrics, using BIAB Midi track (I lost track of which one, and actually had to construct the bridge by pasting and transposing segments from elsewhere in the song). Drums were RT (I'll post number) and EZDrummer (Floyd explained how to marry the two since I needed a sparser part than the RT had), and the cello is Embertone Blakus. This is an unbelievable beautiful sampled instrument. I used it very poorly as I'm just learning how to control it. I encourage those string lovers to check out Youtube demos from this company-unbelievable! Thanks!