Peter:

Thanks for taking the time to address this. I can see that this feature is near and dear to your heart <grin>. I think we're just looking at it from opposite sides of the fence, so to speak.

I certainly don't profess to be a programmer, although I dabbled in it enough to know how complex it can be. If we start at the beginning of the "Intelligent Style" feature, I assume that someone, likely a lot of people, would have to go through each song in that Fam Sng list (musiclover says 7000), and assign the 5 attributes that get returned in that box.

My thinking would be that the IStyle feature would first list the styles that met ALL 5 criteria, although I'm not sure what order it would pick to set the "priority" for listing.

For example, in the Somewhere... example, I assume the style would HAVE to be 4/4, Ev16 and <> 85 for tempo. So far, so good. Next I expected it to look for the mentioned Lite Pop genre, and list those first, preferably starting with ones that had "Tropical" shown in the "Other Genres" column, since those were the other 2 criteria shown.

Doing all of that is what I would agree is "intelligent" style picking, although I would say more like "artificical intelligence" and here's why:

The person who assigned those attributes, I assume, would have had to listen to Izzy perform the song, since his version is the one specifically mentioned in the FSTitle window. When this person listened to the song, they would have recognized that (in all the youtube versions I've come across), the "style" consisted of a solo uke accompaniment.

And here it is (and I should just add it to the Wish List). Why not add this to the Izzy entry in the FST window: (Try _UKES140.sty)?

Yes it would take a little longer, and yes it wouldn't work for every song, and yes somebody would have to go back through the list, but my feeling is that it would add another layer of "intelligence" to the IStyle picker.

Some songs in the list likely already have a style that was made with that song in mind, plus a RT "replacement"style. Those could be added to the FST window.

All in all, I'm deeply impressed by what that window can do. I just think that with a bit of tweaking it could be substantially enhanced.

Thanks again Peter!
LLOYD S