Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautiful song!!! Beautifully written, arranged, and sung by a man who knows how to do it. I don't think I know the song it's modeled after, but I'd like to hear it. The vocal and melody with the lovely chord changes really bring the melancholy loneliness home. The metaphor (title) works perfectly, and most of us know a character like this. I love the lonely sound of the horn and the rich reverb which makes it sound like a voice calling in the distance. Sometimes the playing is a little busy I feel, but such is the limitations when we can't have these musicians in our living rooms. Wonderful job Floyd!! Take care. Greg

Greg - Thanks for all of that... coming from someone who writes the way you do, it's much appreciated...

A bit later, I will link the "model" song I am referring to... it is the production that I am "borrowing", not the song itself (it is a masterpiece of songwriting, so I wouldn't want to be butting up against it..). The amount of trumpet used in this is directly influenced by the "model"..