dga,

To solve this, I suggest going right back to basics. Before using Sampletank or any other sophisticated soft synth, what I'd do is to get the Coyote WT general midi synth working first. Then, once that's up and running with drum sounds, a more sophisticated synth can be plugged into the track. My experience is that it's better to solve one problem at a time rather all problems at once.

As I see it, the main sources for error are usually the synth, ASIO, BIAB track versus REGULAR track, audio settings.

What I'd do...

1. Change the audio drive to MME. This is found under "Options | Prefences" and then the Audio Tab.

2. Under "Options | Prefences", MIDI tab, set the default softsynth to Coyote WT. (This is a very basic general midi synth. Once this is working, then it's only a step away from getting a more elaborate synth working.)

3. Exit RB to ensure that the set-up changes are written to the configuration files. Restart RB.

4. Load in an SGU/MGU file. (We need to make sure that a style is present as RB gets it's midi drums from the loaded style. If no style is active, midi drums will not generate.)

5. Follow my instructions in the post above about generating the drums.

NOTE: It's necessary to select a non-BIAB track (that's why I suggested track #20 above). If you try to generate the drums on a track with blue writing (a BIAB track), it won't work. A regular track, such as #20, will have black writing.

Let us know how you go.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. rharv's advice is always good. He knows much more about RB than I do.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024