Hi Josie,

I upgraded my computer in January and I changed over to Reaper 64 bit to give it a test run and see what it was like. I'm still running it.

The only thing you'll notice that's different is that if you use 32-bit plug-ins. With these 64-bit Reaper will automatically put them in its inbuilt bridge so they can work. Their functional ability is not diminished in any way.

The 'x86 bridged' above is indicating that the Ozone plug-in I'm using is 32 bit. Because of this bridging, I sometimes need to click on "Show UI" to make the user interface visible because it is a floating interface and not one locked in the FX window (like in the 32 bit program). I haven't found this an issue at all, though.

Reaper 64 opens all my song files that I've created with Reaper 32. I can still use all my previous 32-bit VSTs and DXis (synths: Dimension Pro, Miroslav, Cakewalk TTS-1; Finishing tools: Ozone, Nectar, ReaTune). I'm missing no functionality at all.

When I record audio, and I'm not sure if this is a consequence of a 32-bit plugin in a 64-bit environment or if it's that my audio card drivers don't work so well for Windows 7, I need to stop Ozone in the Master FX. After I've finished recording, I restart Ozone.

I have no hesitation in recommending the 64-bit version of Reaper to you.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024