Ray answered about RealTracks, but they won't let you hear your melody, since the RT phrases are pre-recorded. To play specific notes and phrases, you need to use MIDI.

I'm presuming that you mean the Coyote WT that comes with BIAB/RealBand. However, all the Coyote WT does is "wrap" the default MIDI sounds that come with Windows. It's a way to get you up and running with a DXi synth without having a DXi synth. As such, it isn't going to sound very good.

For $40, you can get the Coyote Forte GM2 DXi synth, which will give you better sounds, but not great sounds.

For about the same amount, you can get a copy of CakeWalk Music Creator 7, which will include the TTS-1 General MIDI GM2 DXi synth. It's similar to the Coyote Forte in sound quality, but also different. It really depends upon the sounds you are looking for.

And then you can spend even more money from there. Check out the products from IK-Multimedia or Native Instruments to step up another level.

You can also use hardware synths (either a keyboard or dedicated synth unit), but you can't "render" those to audio - you have to "record" the whole song to get an audio file. While they can sound great, you have to account for more time to capture your creation (a 4 minute song takes 4 minutes to render; likewise, rendering individual tracks take that time to render). With a DXi or VSTi synth, rendering to audio takes a few seconds.

Another free option you can pursue is to use Soundfonts. There are some free/low cost soundfont players and a ton of free sound fonts available on the web. However, soundfont technology is pretty much dying away; but you can still get some pretty decent sounds. Fantasize Soundfont Player costs $29. Synthfont costs 15 euro. You can google for others.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com