It would be very handy to have a counter added to BIAB so that it is easier to see how long a song is, and at what point in the song certain sections are arrived at. I am often trying to keep my songs under a certain length, and I'm sure some users are using BIAB for 30 second commercial spots or creating other music for some specific minimum or maximum length of time.

Having a counter somewhere on the interface would be helpful, like here for example:

And if you don't want to add it to the interface, perhaps it could be a window similar to the "Big Lyrics" that shows chords and lyrics wherever you want to see them on your display. If there was a similar resizeable window for a counter, then users who want one could put it wherever they want on their display:

Personally, I would prefer the first example so that it is small but always available at a glance by simple looking at the GUI.

I'm sure that some kind of counter is already available for users of RealBand, but for those of us who could benefit from having it right in BIAB, this would be a nifty addition. cool

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, MacPro (Mid-2010) OSX 10.12.6
DAW: Digital Performer 8