Quite correct VideoTrack.

Problem is, few companies devote adequate resources to proper documentation--note the word, "proper." In theory, this entire forum should only be about sharing great songs and ideas on how to use BIAB. Most of the forum is devoted to explaining how to use the program. Why? Because documentation is what it is, including the videos. To be honest (and as an old guy raised on Basic A and Fortran), I'm not sure it's possible to easily document everything in a sophisticated program like BIAB. Most applications today are way beyond the average user.

I am a technical writer and technical writing instructor at a college in Toronto. I was shocked when I opened my BIAB product and found a small hardcopy manual! Hats off to Peter and the team for this. The small manual is written primarily in a tutorial style, which is the least desirable of the two most common formats: tutorial and user's guide. The videos help, but all this costs money. It becomes a balancing act between budget and keeping customers happy.

I rewrote several manuals for a Toronto-based company. The manuals described how to use very complex laser guided autofocus systems for microscopes. They employed 23 engineers, 30 percent of whom spent the better part of their day at the Help desk. Why? Because the manuals were garbage. After my two year contract, I had rewritten all their user's guides and reference manuals (a huge task). The Help desk activity dropped by 50 percent.

I tried to get a job at Yorkville Sound as a technical writer. Their engineers and secretaries write the manuals, and it shows. I bought a powered mixer from them and found nine mistakes in the first ten lines of the manual!!

Peter's documentation needs some work, but again, hats off to him for spending some money on videos and documentation. I would love to know what program he used for writing his manuals. I tried opening the online PDF manual (after conversion) into MS Word, and the program crashed! MS Word is pretty poor at the best of times. Peter may have used FrameMaker or InDesign.

Gear: Tyros 5, MOX8, SoundCraft EFX12 mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, Yamaha HS-8 monitors, BIAB 2016 UltraPlusPAK, Cubase 8, Steinberg UR-44 interface.

"If everyone played a musical instrument, we wouldn't need police officers or armies." Lee B.