Well, one of our forum buddies just stated that he walked out on an Elton John concert in the early 70s and there was some discussion as to why.

So, I thought I would start another thread to see if there have been any other famous walk outs among forum members.

I walked out of a Stevie Ray Vaughn Concert back in the 80s at the garden and I LOVE Stevie Ray. The problem was, he got JEFF BECK to open for him.

Jeff Beck came on stage with a drummer and a white Stratocaster, walked up to a mic and said "Hi"--then launched into a seamless guitar solo of many songs and parts strung together that was about an hour a half long non stop. The most dazzling and mind-boggling tour de force of guitar virtuosity I have ever seen. It was like a tour through the cosmos, and a visit to Mars. When he was done he walked back up to the mic and said "I'm Jeff Beck. Good night."

The crowd went nuts. Absolutely berserk. It was like a fifteen minute standing ovation.

Then Stevie Ray came out and started "If the house is a rockin'.." or one of those tunes.

It just didn't work. People were like "Huh?"

Moral of the story:

Never have Jeff Beck open for you. Career suicide.

Other stories??

smile