Originally Posted By: Lee Batchelor
Good point about the video tutorials, Jim. I like them too, but as someone mentioned earlier, if the videos are shot with earlier BIAB versions, they may not be as effective. Updating the hardcopy manual and PDF manual doesn't quite wash with me when the same writing errors are made. For example:

* Writing in the future tense
* Misplaced modifiers that cause confusion
* Using condescending words such as simply or easily
* Lack of white space
* Ragged left margins
* No style guide used
* Lack of consistent terminology
* In the hardcopy manual, delete Chapter 3. It talks about all the new features of BIAB 2016. These need to be integrated with the manual in the correct places. Instead, to list all the new 2016 features, issue an online Release Manual, which I believe they did.

All very valid points Lee.

Actually, I think the PGM team do an extraordinary job of producing all of the documentation, help files, videos, manuals and release notes. That's not to say that these could not be improved, but I understand that the effort that goes into these is very, very significant.

I can usually find what I need in the Help or PDF. Incidentally, when used properly, Windows Help is very very versatile. I know a Non-Linear Video Editing company that refused to update their integrated help, instead only developing a PDF manual. The search-ability became next to useless unless you knew exactly the term you were looking for, where Windows Help provides intelligent guesses on other forms of the selected search phrases.

Maybe you could offer your expert services for the 2017 release? It will require a major amendment to all of the User Interface displays....
(whoops, I did it again) whistle

Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones