I am surprised, I found (still find) the XR a LOT harder to set up (but then "I'm a man of simple tastes.." or a simple man with no taste!)

For me I7 went: install driver, plug audio (to line mixers), MIDI & USB cables (I'm AC/DC when it comes to MIDI grin), set I7 USB to Vender (mainly becasue of the EDITORS need), and have had zero use issues so far?

[but after working with Motif's and now Montage's, non-intuitive USB interface to PC it's all simple]

GLAD Roland provided .ins file (too lazy to build them myself anymore, at last from scratch),

I did install BOTH the long available and FREE full Editor from Roland Clan forum user K_take, and the (FINALLY) provided by Roland FULL V2 Windows Editor for the I7.

(Given how Roland and Sonar were married for a while it surprised me when they ONLY provided an Apple editor for so long. Actually one BIG reason I HELD off so long)

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 06/07/16 06:48 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20