Hi Noel,

I tired right-clicking the .txt file in C:\bb\Data and opening it with Excel. It worked fine, however, the #NAME? error messages were gone and I had to use the Find and Replace "=" with "", not "'=" as you suggested. That didn't work. The styles were originally displayed as, "=-PAT34BL" (for example). Using your method gave me "'-PAT34BL", which is no good.

Here's a more important issue. There appears to be a conflict in how BIAB wants us to open the .txt file. The Message box gives us two alternatives. It says to "open it with Excel" or "copy and paste into Excel from Notepad" These give two entirely different results. The latter one gives the #NAME? errors but not the former. Should the latter method be removed from the Message box?

One more issue: when I use the right-click and open with option, the TSig column shows as 42464 (for example). I have no idea how to tell Excel it needs to be displayed as 4/4 (if that's its true identity). The other issue is, the #Instr and #substyles column numbers will not center. Only the headings do. BIAB must be inserting some conflicting formatting.

In this so-called wonderful technological world, there is always some massive incompatibility among computer programs. Very annoying!!!!!

What do you suggest? I use Excel 2007, by the way. Thanks.

Last edited by Lee Batchelor; 06/26/16 04:16 AM.

Gear: Tyros 5, MOX8, SoundCraft EFX12 mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, Yamaha HS-8 monitors, BIAB 2016 UltraPlusPAK, Cubase 8, Steinberg UR-44 interface.

"If everyone played a musical instrument, we wouldn't need police officers or armies." Lee B.