Originally Posted By: jford
What you could have done rather than reconfiguring your software again would be to go into "Manage Drives" and set the drive letter back to what you expected it to be. Sometimes that means pushing another drive "out of the way (by temporarily assigning X: or something), to make the drive letter available, and then moving that drive to what it should be. But once done, your internal drives should all retain their assignment. Even external USB drives do most of the time (but it's not consistent, I've found). For example, I have set my "inStall" drive (that contains a copy of all my software) to S: and it usually connects as S:. Occasionally, however, it shows us as J:. Go figure.
Thanks John.

On my screwy system I have three 'swap-able' OS drives and five other drives. Audio, Audio Backup 1, Audio Backup 2, Samples, System Backup / Temp, (partitioned drive). I try to maintain drive letter consistency across all the OS's so it's easier to keep track of things.

When I added the two new 2TB drives back in March I ended up with an additional physical drive so I had to shift the drive letters. Apparently I forgot to change them in my Music OS drive so that confused BIAB when I installed the patch.

It's looking like the problem IS the actual HDD, (as Matt suggested), so I working on that.

Paul

BIAB 2023
Intel i7-4790K, Win7 Pro, 16GB Ram
1TB OS, 2TB Audio, 1TB Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Cakewalk by Bandlab, 64 bit