Hello BIAB'ers,

I've just purchased the 2016 UltraPlusPAK.

I have been playing for income locally and live, mostly as a solo act since the late 1970’s. I started with the likes of Jim Croce, Al Stewart, Cat Stevens, Steely Dan, Chuck Berry, Moody Blues, etc.

This was before the Roland TB303 and Roland TR606 and before MIDI was even born (I was a Roland Sync / FSK user before MIDI). My first live gigs for income were playing restaurants and such for $50 per night plus a meal.

I have not played anywhere live for income for eight years now, as I teach fulltime now. Also local, live, good paying gig are virtually nonexistent due to a variety or reasons. I have done some weddings and other functions as a DJ, but I do not consider that an aspect of musicianship.

I play guitar, guitar-synth, keys and of course sing and I have no consequential internet presence preferring instead to spend that time keeping my chops up and working in my studio based on iOS and PC but that's a whole other story I guess.

I still jam with people on occasion and I might put a band together at some point, or do my solo act again. I also have an iPad Air 2 128 that I've loaded up with a ton of music apps often getting ideas from https://forum.audiob.us/ I also sometimes hang here http://www.vguitarforums.com

My intent is to get to know you all, learn from you all, learn how to use BIAB, perhaps get a proper internet presence, maybe start playing live again and continue with my music studio efforts. On a related note I have too much gear and I recently bought a Novation LaunchPad Mini, Keith McMillan SoftStep 2, and a bunch of other iOS-useable hardware.

As an aside, I take a great interest in the works of people such as Christopher Hitchens, Arthur C. Clarke, Richard Dawkins, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Isaac Asimov, Gregory Benford, Sam Harris, Lawrence Krauss, Bill Nye and many other luminaries, as well as donating to nonprofits such as The Planetary Society, Western Wilderness Society, ACLU, Richard Dawkins Foundation, Project Reason, etc.

Oftentimes I practice the modes (you know Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian…) while watching videos of said luminaries.

I look forward to learning more about BIAB!

Last edited by Bones McCoy; 07/17/16 09:37 PM.

I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard Feynman