Caaron,

This might do the job for you...

I nearly always enter my melodies into BIAB as a melodic rhythm in midi on a single note. In BIAB's notation editor, I then drag the notes' pitches up and down to shape the melody. I've found that this is the quickest way to do things (for me at least).

How I enter the melody is simply to record midi in BIAB. For the input, I use the bottom row of keys (C, V, B, N...) to play a note; I usually use M. I set BIAB playing and then tap the rhythm of the words in time to my singing them. This creates the rhythm of the words all notated on a single note.

To do this...

Activate the Keyboard Wizard by following 1, 2 on the image below.

It's then the option show on the second image below...

Once the above is done, set midi recording, get BIAB playing and tap out the rhythm using M (or B or V, etc.). (For your reference, the bottom two rows of the computer's input QWERTY keyboard become a simplified piano keyboard when the Keyboard Wizard is activated: the bottom row = white keys, next row up (ASDF...) = black keys.)

If you then go to notation view (Melody track), you'll see the notes. When you playback, BIAB will also track the notes so that you can see where it's up to (just turn the volume down so that you don't hear the monotonous single note).

Don't forget to deactivate the Keyboard Wizard once the melodic rhythm is recorded.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024