Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Man !, my heart goes out to you, I mention 64bit once http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=327412
and copped so much negativity that I gave up !
"modernizing Finale’s codebase" !!!!!!
You are a very game Man quoting that here smile
Good luck and wish you all the best.

Hmmm. Pipeline, you really need to make sure you include the full context of your quote. Your post you referred to above opened with the line:

I was looking @ the programming language of band in a box & real band they use delphi if they changed to c++ would get less errors and run smoother. They seems very outdated - looking on google most audio applications use c++ with better gui's and less bugs.

I don't think there was much objection to a 64 bit version, in fact I think there was absolutely none.

I think the concern was to rewrite BiaB in a different language, which was exactly what you had suggested, and not what you now mentioned above. My comments were accompanied with real-world evidence of the problems caused when one undertakes such an exercise.

I tried to send you a PM on this to explain in detail, but you have blocked senders from sending you PM's.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones