Originally Posted By: europa_man
Hugh difference. We are talking about one year.

BIAB 2015 to BIAB 2016 is not Windows 95 to Windows 10!

Windows 95 was released August 24, 1995!

RealTracks are only audio files.

Maybe I should have used a later version than Windows 95 in my example.

I fully understand how new features might not be compatible with an earlier model, even if the older model is not that old. Simply put, if the functionality in the older version didn't anticipate requirements of newer features, then how could it accommodate them? Perhaps the program needs to know about every option beforehand, rather than loading them on the fly like a MIDI file. I'm not the developer so I cannot answer definitively.

Back on topic: My choice was to upgrade BiaB and take advantage of the newer RealTracks. Probably not what you want to hear, but at least everybody has that choice.

BTW: You're not alone. I've purchased this product only to find an update came out shortly after and I missed out on the new features.

We're of course only end-users like you. You could talk to PGM Support for more knowledge of the upgrade mechanisms, and what will work in your 2015 version.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones