Originally Posted By: eddie1261
how many of those 126 tracks sounded almost exactly the same if not eerily similar. We had a coincidence where Floyd used the same sample and real track as I did and one of his songs started with the exact same riff as one of mine. ...........14 of them sounded so similar that it was obvious that there were not a lot of sample snippets to choose from in a section of a song .............. that showed some limitation as far as what is available in Real Band. And you really can't switch real tracks as far as performer, because you'd end up going from Les Paul to Tele to Strat and very different tonal properties, so if you use a Brent Mason real track, you have to use only that Brent Mason real track for the whole thing. for this CD, which is SLOWLY in the works, I am creating sample solos and bringing in players to play live based on those generated segments. The sound generation feature is obviously the bread and butter of PG products, but I now see why people pull the generated tracks out of RB and move it to a better DAW. I just started using Protools and though it takes time to dump tracks to individual wav files and then import to Protools, woking in Protools is MUCH better as far as the DAW side of things. Of course Protools can't create music, but it never claimed to.

Yep.... I have heard some folk's songs that have similar licks in them, and that's to be expected since we're all working from the same palate of samples. Ditto on the guitar tone.... kinda hard sometimes to jump from track to track when, like you said, ones a Strat and the other is a Les Paul.

My song THE BEST CHRISTMAS.... on my music page somewhere.... has a compilation of 5 tracks being used to get the B Mason solo. The piano's are 3 tracks I think....

I'm a big fan of using live players for the lead guitars and even the rhythms because of that issue.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.