Hi Greg,

What a beautiful introduction. It sets the mood perfectly. Then, when your soft and gentle vocals arrive in the mix, the feeling is one of "music doesn't get better than this!" The flute acts as a wonderful counterpoint to your outstanding vocals

Your melody is fantastic. There's no denying that you are one of the best melodists on this forum. I love that flattened 7th note that supports "Million" - at least my ears hear it as a flattened 7th in the given musical context.

I really admire your ability to find such imaginative and fresh rhymes; it's incredible. My favourite lines are...
Quote:
It’s not quintessential love
It’s more existential love
I feel the potential of
The magic in each new day

... the asymmetry of the AAAX rhyme was perfect for the bridge. Interestingly, because of the "away / train / rain / stay" rhyme sequence, I heard the "day" at the end of the bridge link back to "stay". That's very clever writing and something that I've now added to my lyric writing tool box!

Anyone who wants a lesson in how to write a first class song need look no further than what you've created here. You're a very, very talented composer and performer.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024