Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I thinks if Steve Jobs came on here not using his real name trying to bring about change taking things to a whole new level the status quo would be on him like a tonne of bricks, gang up, and chase him off because the level they see things from can't be any higher as it is the highest level and understanding they can conceive of.

I can see where every user is coming from and the level they are on.
To see where the problems are and speak up to bring about positive change.
The low responses has taking a too much of energy out of me.
For me to stay here would serve no purpose as I would have to force myself to stay on a lower level of understanding and make nice, agree and don't dare rock any boat.

It might sound hard and ruffle feathers but I did tell the truth in order to to take the software onto a whole new advanced level for all those on the planet, not just the old Win Fans but for all the MAC users ALSO.

If someone else comes on here telling the truth that is hard to understand, just don't gang up on them anymore and drain their energy.

Adios..

"How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen
They did not know how

Perhaps they'll listen now ???????"

Well, I for one, hope you stick around! You gave me an excellent tip on how to convert from a RealTrack with fx to the exact same one as DI and it saved my bacon by letting me immediately use the exact same riffs but with my own fx! Everyone else, including long-time PG users were quick to tell me it was impossible!

And I appreciate the suggestions you make here along with your matter-of-fact opinions about how the GUIs need work! Lots of us agree with you 101% on that!!

The active group here in these forums probably represents a very small percentage of the overall PG customer base. And there are some very loud voices here who are appalled when someone dares to offer even the slightest criticism of PG software! They love the software and take it very personally when someone does not show "proper respect"! I noticed this within days of arriving here! smile But I stuck around because there are also some folks here who love the software AND understand it needs improvement to keep up with the rest of the software world!

And I believe there is another group of people, especially young people, who take one look at the software and never even give it a chance! I have read comments in other music forums where people trash these products mainly about the GUIs but clearly they did not know what is possible if you can just get past that aspect! If I were in charge of PG this would be the thing I worry most about. Us old-timers will continue to send in our upgrade $$ every year and have a grand old time with the software (even while complaining about the GUI!) But the music market at large, including lots of young people, may never give it the chance it deserves because it is not as cool as the latest DAW or looping SW. And that is a missed opportunity for those people and for PG!

And hey, who knows? Maybe BIAB 2017 will be 64-bit with a shiny new DAW-like interface and multi-riff built right in! smile And even if not, there will be lots of tasty new RealTracks available in the upgrade so I'm budgeting for it right now!

I hope you stay!