First - I need to get some good ones.

Also - anyone have any tips on using backing tracks live ? My guess is you're often stuck playing to a specific, unalterable tempo, which I'm afraid might give the covers a slightly mechanical feel. Especially if for example drum or bass embellishments are used as a 'question-answer' think with particular lyrics (is there a name for this type of thing ?)

I'm also curious - suppose I want to use some of these backing tracks for an 'original'. I know melodies are copyrighted - but what about all the other instruments to accompany a song ? I would imagine with slight changes (and there's the judgement part) one could reuse the ideas without building them from scratch. Or I suppose even better - just use a comparable PG backing track or accompaniment - that's what they're made for.

And lastly - comparing backing tracks true to the original artists vs. those from PG - are they comparable, or could one see buying the backing tracks from the original as getting a more true-to-the-original cover as far as listeners (serious music aficianado listeners) are concerned ?