One idea I liked was the idea of developing the GUI around different "personas". Although you can broadly state everyone uses Band-in-a-Box differently some common ways of using the program have been noted. Some users develop song structure, some backing tracks, some use the scoring and printing feature, some the Jukebox or Conductor feature while others as a practice tool.

I think it would be useful for PG Music to run two polls. One poll would be to have users list every feature each user can think of. A poll like this would help PG Music understand what features users use enough to list versus all the features that are actually available. I'm sure there maybe questions about if "so and so" is a feature or not but defining what is a feature actually may be part of the problem. After poll 1 has named the features that users use, it would be time to release poll 2.

Poll 2 would be to take the list of features and separate the features into 3, 4, 5 or even 10 "personas" or have a feature be common to all "personas". Each feature could be ranked in importance by the user. This poll will help PG Music understand how each user uses BiaB.

The software the forum uses supports polls. Online outfits like SurveyMonkey will let you set up a poll for free.

PG Music could use use the mailing list they have to send an invitation to participate in each poll.

Just an idea I think is worthy of consideration and discussion.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home