Friends,

Is your day gig involving IT? I've been fighting a stubborn computer problem that you would solve in minutes, not weeks. My entire system has slowed to a crawl making it almost unusable. Upon good advise I downloaded an ISO Image file of Windows 7/64 Home Premium which came pre-installed on my HP Elite computer, however, when attempting to install it, it reported that my PRODUCT KEY was invalid so I couldn't continue the installation.

Going backward, my first indication of trouble was a predictable black screen after about 40 minutes of viewing a movie on either YT or NetFlix. Nothing else was affected.

I was informed by friends on www.majorgeeks.com to run a system file scan from the DOS prompt which discovered a corrupted system file but didn't name the file. That led to my attempt to reinstall Windows 7. I started this project over a week ago and I'm in tears of utter frustration. I think I've fixed the black screen problems but now it's terribly slow loading and delays after each keystroke or button press. Boot time ranges between 2 and 6 minutes when it had been well under 1 minute prior to these problems.

I'd be thrilled to pay a reasonable fee to anyone willing to "remote" my computer to explore and repair my system. Meanwhile, my music has been placed on perpetual hold.

Thanks.

Donny