Originally Posted By: musiclover
My experience has been that the longer you have windows installed and have tried lots of software after 2-3 years the computer will slow down, in my case at boot and would take about 3 mins to boot up. It was so slow I seriously considered doing a fresh install of 7.

In my case I bought an SSD 500gb and what a change it has been, can't sing its praises enough. so something to think about. Just clone the old hard drive system over to it and do the relevant SSD tweaks. Chances are the PC will speed up a lot.

By the way even though the windows 10 free upgrade has finished for windows 7 or 8, you can still get it if you use assistive technologies such as the magnifier, so still free.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Once everything is running well use free Macrium Reflect to back up your system.

Hope you get it working Don.

Musiclover

Great tip, Musiclover.

I'm downloading the free Windows 10 offer for Assistive Technology people right now. Wow! It's 3.3 Gb!

I had hesitated go to Win 10 because of the typical delay in driver manufactures catching up. Looks like that is no longer a problem.

Thanks so much.

Don