Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi PatMarr, This is fantastic idea and I am so glad this thread has gotten as popular as it has!

In the time that I've been active on the forum, there have been a number of small meetings between forum members... usually isolated connections between two forum friends and their spouses.

We've talked about a group meeting on and off for years, but in the past we always started the dialog too late and people already had other plans made... so interest gave way to schedules and those get-togethers failed to materialize.

This time we learned from past discussions and started the dialog more than a year in advance, which gives everybody a heads-up as they start to plan the coming year. It's hard to tell how many will actually show up, but it's looking like it will turn into the largest assembly of BIAB forum members to date! Really... anything over TWO will be the largest ;-)

There was talk last year of having something near BIAB HQ, but it was one of the times when we started planning too late and the weekend that worked for some didn't work for others. Also, this year the majority of interested parties were closer to the east coast than the west coast.

I do think there is enough interest among the west coast contingency that if another meeting to be held on Vancouver Island was planned far enough in advance, there would be enough participation to make it work. Maybe the 2018 BIAB forum west coast bash? I'd probably fly cross country for that! ;-)