Not true Trev. I'm not talking about antique shows like the Hillbillys I'm talking about current hi def. Reread what I wrote about upconversion of standard 1080P sources. If you're not into high quality TV displays that's fair enough but do you understand what I mean by upconversion? It's the same type of thing when people were buying higher end DVD players years ago that had good upconversion of the then standard DVD resolution of 480P to the then new 1080P. That made a big difference then and the upconversion to 4K makes just as big of a difference now.

I admit you have to be a bit of a video nerd to appreciate this but it's no different than us wanting to keep our audio at the highest possible quality when the average person is happy listening to low bit rate MP3's. It's exactly the same thing. If you don't care about a good, clean pristine TV display fine but there's a pretty big difference between watching a standard hi def picture and that same hi def source on my new TV with the upconversion. And I mean a major difference. You can't even see any scan lines or pixels at all on my set. None. Go look at your TV. Get within six feet of it and it's almost unwatchable because of the scan lines and pixels. Yet my picture is extremely smooth and sharp. And this is right now using standard sources not true 4K. I can only imagine what that will look like.

This is why virtually every tech writer there is is telling people if they need a new TV make sure it's 4K.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.