It truly sucks to have a problem like this BUT...very few are having these issues. It usually revolves around an older system like John mentioned.

I've said it so many times now, you have to really understand your PC including all the software and how it all works together or just give it up and use your phone to email the grandkids and forget everything else.

Trash Win 10 at your peril. Here's why:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3044089/security/the-best-new-security-features-of-windows-10.html

Before folks poo poo this ask yourselves this question: Is hacking a problem or not? This is the world we all live in now and Win 10 is an attempt to get a handle on this. Like it or not, MS wants everybody to have the same system with the same updates all the time. Who tends to get blamed for lots of these hacks? MS does. Oh, Windows sucks, it's so easy to hack. I suspect MS is tired of hearing that.

Win 7 is an antique OS already.

All these hacks are making life miserable for all of us, but that's the way it is now so as the old cliche' goes, adapt or die. Or to be a bit less dramatic, adapt, learn this stuff and only use modern hardware, like two years old or something because the OS integrates with the hardware which means the newer the better.

If some are on fixed incomes and can't afford that then you have to fight this with smarts. Learn about it, what the workarounds are that fit your system, spend time on tech forums, learn the jargon (Oh man, there is a TON of jargon!) but you have to jump in and figure it out.

I got my free Win 10 a few days before the freebie expired and I posted about an absolute CRAPLOAD of issues I had getting it to install so I know all about frustration. But I did finally figure it out. What to know what it was? I had to completely uninstall Avast, not just disable it. That's it. That's all that caused me a whole day of yelling and screaming. Well, not yelling...

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.