Well,

Years ago, I was working with creating my own tracks using midi and synths. I had discovered sound fonts and was venturing into the more costly synths and sound libraries. Being a country writer and musician, I was looking for a really good steel guitar sound.

I had found a Steel VST but the cost and the technical skill level gave me pause.... you had to be proficient on the piano keyboard, then you also needed to be able to use "other keys" to control the various parameters such as bending and slides, for starters.

Somewhere along that path, in the search for a good steel that was easy to play, I discovered PG Music and Band In A Box. With a 30 day MBG I bought the software and went high enough up the food chain to get the steel guitar real tracks.

As soon as I had composed the song, selected the proper tracks and hit playback....I was HOOKED! The Steel guitar blew me away and I've been a faithful user ever since. Steel guitar brought me to the party and the rest of the tracks have kept me here ever since.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 10/04/16 02:13 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.