Yep, you have to put yourself into it. That's what the good DJ's do. I've seen some very good ones and those guys can put on a show too.

Some time after my NYE story, I picked up a used arranger keyboard, a Korg Pa1XPro. I love that thing for a one man band situation because I have to actually play it and it still sounds great even though it's about 12 years old now. It has buttons, switches and sliders all over the place that allows me to change styles, variations, drum fills etc and it's all live in real time. I'm working like the proverbial one armed paper hanger and the audience can see that. No tracks and certainly no karaoke. Are the styles exact covers? Heck no, just like Biab styles arn't either but nobody cares. I put the feeling out there, the vocalist has the lyrics and that's good enough.

Like you I would much rather work with a live band and I still do a lot of that, but a gig's a gig and I do get a certain satisfaction from pulling off a one man band show with just me and a girl singer.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.