Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Yes, yes, I know all that but this is a good explanation for anyone who doesn't understand the request.

Modifying the download strategy is a good suggestion. PG Music also did some experiments with flash drives as the delivery method but apparently did not adopt it for performance reasons.

Hi again Matt ,

I already had an idea you knew your way around a console Matt .., or the traps . I should have addressed your post first before writing the rest of that post . blush
.., plus you had suggested correctly about my explanation being aimed towards some of those users who may not be as familiar with DAWs and the more detailed aspects of Tracking and Mixing and how it all links to the suggestions.

I hope my detailed explanation was not "too long winded and boring" but explained it well enough in layman terms for those wondering , or the guys that use BIAB for other reasons (as there are many diverse users using BIAB for different reasons).

I know my suggestions are likely to be aimed towards a minority of BIAB users ATM, but I do know with these suggestions implemented that BIAB would be welcoming and attracting a whole new user base.

As a Mac user, I quelled the idea of integrating BIAB with DAW use as it wasn't too long ago that some of the lacking features in BIAB for Mac turned out to be dealbreakers for me .

Now on a brighter side - I now see some of those previous deal breakers have been implemented just recently .., and this has re-sparked my interest in BIAB, and now I am at least sitting on the fence 'umming & ah-ing' and alllllmost ready / planning to make my 1st BIAB purchase ,

.., but it is the lack of those items suggested that is holding me back from instantly and enthusiastically leaping with head,hands,& feet with an open chequebook. For me and my intended use for BIAB to be honest - without those items implemented means BIAB is only half the product of what it has the potential to be .., and that potential is one of awesomeness ..., meanwhile all the studio guys are asking "are we there yet"....., ?

If PG implemented those suggestions , then PG would be sending out the welcome mat while raising the eyebrows of a whole new range off studio / Daw users.

Last edited by SFG; 10/11/16 05:23 AM.

My Specs
Computer : Mac Pro (late 2013) - OS Yosemite 10.10.5
Processor : 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory : 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics : AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB
Interface : Avid Mbox 3 Pro
DAW : Pro Tools 12.6.0 (64 bit AAX)