I'm going to jump in about Audition because I use it a lot, I'll let the analysis as to whether or not this means anything at all to your problem go to all the other pro's trying to help you. Audition uses temp files to keep a copy of a track file each time you make an edit. I used to think PT/RB was very slow compared to Audition until I realized how this worked. If I've edited and mastered a 15 track song in Audition, the work flow is very fast compared to RB until you're done and want to save the session. Then you get a box saying "flushing files" or something like that for each track and it can take 3 or more minutes to save your session because it's going through that routine for each edit you made for each track. RB either doesn't create all those temp files for each edit, or it handles it completely differently. What that looks like to the user is do an audio cut and paste or grab a track with the mouse and slide it along the timeline in Audition and it's immediate while in RB those two functions takes like 30-40 seconds but go to save and RB saves in the same 30 seconds or so while Audition takes 3 and sometimes even 5 minutes. If someone is like me, I want to keep all the original raw audio tracks in one folder and keep all the individual mixed and tweaked tracks in another folder along with the final stereo mix. In order to do that you have to go through that "flushing files" dance for each track and follow the prompts so any time you saved during the mixing process is given back during the saving process. In actuality both programs work at about the same speed when you include the save times it's just that Audition allows for a much faster work flow while you're doing all those edits which is why I use it for final mixing and mastering.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.