Originally Posted By: Pipeline
"24-bit would be nice, though older RealTracks would not be able to take advantage of the added resolution since they're all recorded in 44.1/16-bit. "

Older ? I wonder how old before higher bitrates were used 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ?

Yes I wonder this also .., there must have been a time when PG considered 16 bit recording too primitive and up'ed the ante to 24 bit..., at least those files would/and could be used as true 24 bit files .., as for the older 16 bit files ..,

Any old 16 bit files can still be up-coverted by PG to 24 bit to suit NEW a re-worked 24bit audiophile PRO plus BIAB (even though quality will still be 16 bit fidelity) .., as it is now - the current 16 bit files are getting up-converted anyway to 24 bit (automatically) .., as soon as they are dragged into your DAW.

..., and any new recorded files would be recorded in 24 bit also ..,

I wish PG would come out and comment on this whole thread confused , and comment about what their future intentions might possibly be and where they would like to be.

Surely, in any logical sense PG must have had serious goals to move BIAB forward / and move away from the 16bit environment well before any of you guys originally made those suggestions to PG years ago . That suggestion (years ago) was a fair call , and was not as if you were asking PG to design people carrying space rockets.

Even myself as a greenhorn gave away 16 bit for 24 bit back when Windows 98 made it's appearance. To see 16 bit files still in use today I feel like i've just stepped out of Dr Who's Tardis

Last edited by SFG; 10/20/16 07:04 AM.

My Specs
Computer : Mac Pro (late 2013) - OS Yosemite 10.10.5
Processor : 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory : 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics : AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB
Interface : Avid Mbox 3 Pro
DAW : Pro Tools 12.6.0 (64 bit AAX)