^^^^^^^^^^

Some very good advice lambada, especially practicing with a metronome to get your timing tight and singing, then learning how to play melodies for ear training.

When I first started playing lead back in the late 60s/early 70s tab hadn't been invented yet, and there were no books that taught you how to play rock/blues. No lessons either where I lived, except for classical stuff.

My hero at the time was Clapton, but he was way beyond what I was capable of. It wasn't until I heard Albert King that I felt I was getting someplace, he was playing slow enough so that I could figure out his licks, and over the period of a couple of months I learned by ear every solo from his "King of Blues Guitar" album. Which of course is a pretty good lesson in the blues scale played in different positions on the neck. Plus once I learned those licks as Albert played them, I would recognize the same licks when Clapton or others played them.

Albert King, in my opinion, is a better guy to start learning the blues from than Freddie King, his style is a little easier to learn. SRV used tons of licks from Albert BTW.

A couple of other early blues guys to listen to/learn from that are not that hard to figure out: Otis Rush and Magic Sam.