Originally Posted By: SFG
Hi Guys ..,

I have an awesome idea / suggestion / wish ..., for an All new .., B.I.A.B Audiophile 'PRO PLUS' Edition cool

In this proposed suggestion / wish for a NEW Audiophile PRO PLUS Edition .......,

* Id love to see the Audio files offered in a higher bitrate quality of 24 BIT .., instead of the 16 bit format (as they are now).

* I'd also like to see a DRY TRACKS also available (in this proposed new Audiophile PRO PLUS version)

- ie; DRY track versions also offered for the Real-Tracks Audio ..., (DRY meaning - a bare bones audio track with zero FX added / printed with the audio)

- ie; Minus their already printed 'added reverb and compression etc' , thus giving users the ability to instead add their own 3rd party FX in their own personalised flavour via both the BIAB FX slots , or In a DAW

The increased bitrate suggestion to 24 Bit Audio would ...,

Allow these proposed 24bit audio samples a much better better chance of retaining their full fidelity upon final the mix down after they are mangled & mashed within the DAW

Real mixing examples of this are :

- File conversions,
- Time stretching to fit to project tempo's and tempo changes throughout a song,
- Adding FX
- 2 Track stereo Mastering
- Dithering & even more converting

The Dry Tracks suggestion would ................,

Create a better 'all round' end result to your mixes , by allowing the user to sit the instruments in the mix where they like , (and not where BAIB pigeon holes' it to be) ........,

This means ....,

- the amount of reverb also not only creates a sense of space (eg: size , like room, hall, cathedral etc)
- it goes further than that by giving its own uniqueness to what type that space actually is and the materials contained within (wood , stone etc).
- Reverb can be special FX also , like plate reverbs , tube reverbs , reverse reverbs , pre-delay adjustments , Dry vs Wet signal blending (or using FX sends) etc .
- Reverb can also be Taylor made also in many ways including, not just the depth , tail length and decays
.., but other things to like the EQ of the reverb ..., for example you may want to only add reverb effects the high end only ,
.., but not to the bottom end frequencies of whatever instrument etc you are adding that reverb to.
- Perhaps you only want a custom convolution reverb .., Reverb is a powerful thing and colours and adds different moods and feels your mix in so many different ways .., and a DRY tracks Option for BIAB would allow us to control all of this in our DAW mixes.

...,and most importantly by adding your own reverb to a DRY audio track enables the producer to place emphasis on giving the listener an idea (ie; attention or focus) to where the vocal, or instruments 'actual placing is' within the sound field.
- All the above applies to compression FX also.

This placing could be either being up close and personal, through to being further back in the room , and all points in between.

I think it would be a great idea to grant the user the freedom to decide where this space and place and feeling needs to be in their mix

All this can be done without placing a finger on the volume fader.
.., Turning up that fader will only increase volume - and not increase that vocal or instruments presence (ie; focus point) in the mix.

Rather than restricting all your other added elements within your mix into the confines of BIAB's pre-determined mix boundaries (ie; due to BIAB's FX Printed audio tracks) .., much of our possible Mixing power, our uniqueness, and our freedom to mix where our heart takes us is being handicapped with the current 16 bit & Printed FX to Real tracks specifications .

ps ; I had this post in another thread , but I think this deserves a thread of its own smile

Question .., what are your thoughts ..., and who would like to jump on this option if it was available ?

How's is Pro Tools 12.6.0 working for you? Backing on topic.

I would love to see an Audiophile plus version of Band-in-Box, but I see a huge problem with getting dry tracks. We do not have any idea where the tracks where recorded, who recorded them, when they where recorded, how and every how they where mixed for Band in a Box. Did the engineer(s) record the tracks dry? Did they prints fxs durring the recording? Did they reamp them durring the sessions? When mixed, did they add FXs, compression, EQ? Also, how did PG Music recieve the tracks? Did they get a dry version and a wet? It really comes down to how PG Music requested the tracks and sessions to be recorded and mixed. Also, how would PG music convert 16 bit tracks to 24 bit, and would they sound any different? One more thing to take into account for is the studio or place the tracks where recorded in. What was the size of the space? How much treatment was placed in the room? How did they mic each instrument? Last, how long ago where the RealTracks recorded? Does the studio or place still have the sessions on file? If so, can they read the files, or where they created on outdated software and computers?

I'd would love to have every track be a dry track and have 24 bit audio, but you have to understand that there are some issues with trying to accomplish such a huge task.

PS: How do you guys know that the tracks are 16bit?
P.S.S.: I check some of the drum recordings out and it sound to me like the reverb is coming from the room.

Last edited by Islansoul; 10/24/16 07:21 AM.

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer