Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Noel,

I SO enjoyed listening (a number of times) to this.

The opening is interesting, unique, well conceived... that bass is so nicely "crisp" (for a bass)...combined with the drums, an excellent bed for the spoken intro...

Man! what a nice sound you got on the acoustics! How much of that is Audiophile and how much Noel-processing? The entire mix is EXRTRAORDINARY. Everything fits perfectly. The electric solo snuggles in magically...

One of your all-time-best vocals. Confident and comfortable...natural... really well recorded - any processing that you did to it is spectacular - nothing about it "pokes it's head above the singing" - completely transparent - perfect vocal processing. Kudos.

Your writing here is strong. The "I GOT RHYTHM" influence can be heard if you are listening for it - yet it still sounds like a Noel Adams song. It actually made me think of "The Book of Mormon" - One of the best musicals (lyrically and musically) in the last 30 years. This would fit in that show without missing a beat....rousing applause...

Strong in every regard.

fj

Hey floyd,

It's always good to see you. Thanks dropping in and for giving me so much to think about. Appreciate it.

Writing this song was an interesting journey. It's been a long time since I used an existing song as inspiration and giving me a start on the road to creating a song of my own.

In relation to the acoustic guitars, I generated two versions of the #373 Realtrack and set one at 70% left and the other at 70% right. If there were any instances where the same bar or two was generated on both tracks, and the stereo effect was lost, I simply sliced the section on one of the tracks and offset it by 10 ms. I didn't use any special effects on the tracks. The only thing that affected the guitars was Ozone on my master control. For this, I used the Ozone 6 preset called "Increased space" that's found under the 'Heavy' category. I tweaked it a little but not too much.

Hope this helps with the guitars. Thanks again for the visit and comments.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024