Originally Posted By: tommyad
Noel, growing up my mother and my sisters were always singing show tunes. So through osmosis I became very familiar with the genre. This would be perfect for a production on stage. A really great mix and sung to perfection. I enjoyed reading your analysis. Beautiful work. Tom

Tom,

Thanks for jumping in smile I don't know why my songs end up sounding like they're designed for the stage! It just seems to happen that way. I wonder if it might have something to do with the AABA form? That's a format that's been really popular on stage. One of the form's strengths is it's ability to capture the moment. Since songs on stage are often about a moment in time, the AABA form is well suited.

One of the things I learned from song's by floyd is that if you want to tell a story in AABA, you need to imagine yourself the story teller presenting a story to friends. Such a perspective allows the storyteller to stay in the moment while the story unfolds through lyrics. This works in AABA. I haven't yet quite worked out how to use AABA to cover a sequence of events without being in 'story teller' mode. Maybe one day!

Thanks again and all the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024