The issue here is not 64-bit per se because every "Windows 64 bit" machine has lots of stuff running in 32-bit mode. I believe the issue is in being able to use one's full collection of VSTs with BIAB directly. That is more than just 64-bit support. PGMusic should be looking at evolving the mixer section to not be a full-function DAW, but to be a bit more flexible in the use of VSTs. BIAB should support less limited effects chains.

Most VSTs are shipped with moth 32-bit and 64-bit versions. However, BIAB is one of the few music/sound oriented programs to not provide 64-bit support, so many of us would consider it a real nuisance to maintain 32-bit VST libraries just for BIAB.

Regarding the market, I have trouble believing that any XP or Vista user would be interested in paying hundreds of dollars for the latest BIAB release. Windows 7 is about half 64-bit. Windows 8 and 10 are almost entirely 64-bit. I guess there would be a few users who have not invested in 32-bit and still want to spend hundreds of dollars on BIAB software, but not many, IMHO.

Obviously PGMusic could support both flavors for a couple of releases if they were really concerned about that. It isn't such a big deal. Many other software suppliers do that.

BIAB: 2023 UltraPak
DAWs: StudioOne 5 Pro, Cubase 12 Pro
Audio: Scarlett 18i20
OS: Win10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 Mem: 24 GB Vid: GTX-760Ti

sonocrafters.com