Originally Posted By: colly
Why.....!
What good would 64 bit give us as biab users ?.

Sound "quality" involves a lot more than bit depth and compression levels. There is a whole universe of technology that can do amazing things to enhance the overall impact of the sound. When I take BIAB tracks into a DAW where I can use the full palate of tools, I can create a much higher impact product. In most cases, if I could simply use some of those effects directly under BIAB, I could get close to the same results with much less work.

In short, the sound coming out of BIAB today might sound pretty good compared to the days of tinny sounding GM softsynths. But it is an UNPOLISHED sound, clearly inferior in a world that raises the bar every year. PGMusic really needs to play better with others. Their strategy of ignoring the rest of the music technology world and trying to lock their users into a walled garden is just not very appealing to me.

And for the same reason, I have very little use for the PGMusic realtracks. Give me great MIDI lines and I can run that through the best VST instruments out there.

BIAB: 2023 UltraPak
DAWs: StudioOne 5 Pro, Cubase 12 Pro
Audio: Scarlett 18i20
OS: Win10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 Mem: 24 GB Vid: GTX-760Ti

sonocrafters.com