Originally Posted By: jford
There should be no affect on audio quality between a 32-bit BIAB and a 64-bit BIAB. I suspect some folks are confusing 64-bit application memory space with audio bit-rate settings (which would affect audio quality).

Audio quality is my greatest concern. As stated in my previous post, I don't think there is any shortage of existing tools that will do a better job than a 64 bit BIAB program.

Pumps2 - "When I take BIAB tracks into a DAW where I can use the full palate of tools, I can create a much higher impact product. In most cases, if I could simply use some of those effects directly under BIAB, I could get close to the same results with much less work.

In short, the sound coming out of BIAB today might sound pretty good compared to the days of tinny sounding GM softsynths. But it is an UNPOLISHED sound, clearly inferior in a world that raises the bar every year."

I think his remarks are right on the mark. So, to me, is a significant upgrade that will get me "close to the same results..." be a worthwhile venture leading to an increase in the cost of the program for everyone?

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.