Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

However, my guess is that the entire community of BIAB will suffer a significant price increase given the manhours, research and development, reprogramming and software development required to convert and upgrade the program to 64 bit.

Well, that sounds to me like an argument for Microsoft never progressing beyond Word 4 (anyone remember that one?). After all, with Word 4, it was technically possible to come up with a way to complete just about any document, if you were willing to work really hard at it and make some compromises.

In an industry segment that has progressed so rapidly, I find it really hard to justify Band-in-a-box's 1990s level of compatibility and presentation. Yes, BIAB enthusiasts can find ways to work around the arcane BIAB interface to get the end result they want. But it makes very little sense to me that this could actually be a good thing for the marketing of the product.

So just to be clear, I view modernization of the core product (64-bit) as being part of an overall modernization that should include easy, immediate access to all popular VSTis and VSTs without having to hack the product. (That should include automatically scanning for VSTs, as most other products do.) It should include unrestricted chains of effects, not an arbitrary limit of 4. It should involve a MUCH better user interface that includes the ability to undock panels and move them to second and third monitors, and so on. We are trapped in 1995 with this product.

Last edited by Pumps2; 11/28/16 06:32 AM.

BIAB: 2023 UltraPak
DAWs: StudioOne 5 Pro, Cubase 12 Pro
Audio: Scarlett 18i20
OS: Win10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 Mem: 24 GB Vid: GTX-760Ti

sonocrafters.com