This is an updated version of my 2003 composition, Holiday Bell Waltz. I have posted it over the years to demonstrate new BIAB features, and this has the new style, _NYWALTZ.STY in the Bonus-49 Pak.

It also benefits from the new feature, Natural Arrangement. While I don't yet fully understand what's going on under the hood, it reworked 55% of my chords to make for smoother playing, especially voice leading. I really like most of what I'm hearing, but there are a few clams that I would normally edit.

And Danny Gottlieb is on drums - I've worked with Danny, and no one plays more cleanly. The drums really kick this version up.

Reminder, this is straight from BIAB 2017 with NO PRODUCTION. All I did was clip the beginning and end, save to MP3 and post. In the style, I made one change to accommodate the fast tempo: I used the SIMPLE option on Danny's drums. You can imagine what a dynamo he is when he isn't throttled back!

Matt Finley - Holiday Bell Waltz (2003) copyright Kingsmill Music / BMI

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors