Quote:

In the preferences do you have the use DXI box checked?

Yup. The MIDI connection between BiaB internal algorithms and DXI/VST plugins is about the only thing that is working right at this point.

The MIDI routing is very twitchy. I would expect the MIDI input (MAudio Keyrig coming in through a USB port) to be routed through to the DXI, just as in a normal host, but that doesn't appear to be happening. In fact it appears to ignore the MIDI from the keyboard entirely: the only time I see activity from it is if I turn off MIDI output entirely, but that takes out all audio as well. MIDI routing and audio routing should be independent, but it certainly doesn't act that way. And that whole MIDI/audio option dialog has me gun-shy, as it seems to crash the program about one time in three that I access it.

I tried the trick (from another thread) of using LoopBE to connect BiaB's MIDI out to an "external" synth (using the VSC3 VST running under VSThost), but that requires me to shut off the audio output from BiaB, since apparently ASIO4ALL doesn't support multiple feeds.

Not exactly a "plays-well-with-others" app, eh? I admit I've never used BiaB as anything except a standalone program, but I really expected better than this. (Just for reference: I checked my records and I originally bought it in 1990...upgraded in 1999, 2003, and three days ago.)