It's the combo of the Tivo OTA and the DirecTV Now that was the tipping point for me. When I looked over my DISH recordings I was almost surprised to see that about half are OTA even though I watch virtually no prime time shows. Morning and evening news, network & local, all the late night shows, and many PBS shows. I then pick and choose bits and pieces. For instance, I might binge "best of" late nite interviews/monologs totalling an hour or so on weekends. Even though the Tivo OTA is out of stock, the deal is still posted, so I'd presume it can still be back-ordered at half price.

OTA PQ is of course the best available, and PQ on the DTV Now surprised me by looking 1080-ish after a minute to stabilize (and unfortunately sometimes a stutter-buffer or frame freeze in the first couple of minutes). After that, good to go. Don't forget to set 1080 in prefs. My guess is that this is the kind of thing that's likely to improve.

The smooth functionality of DISH's STB is what's likely to be missed most here. But I like the tradeoff.

I will also follow up after I've had a chance to watch more..no time here since Tuesday.