Originally Posted By: Lloyd S
In doing some checking on the web, all of the download sites I've found have been known to push out spamware and I'm loathe to take a chance on them.

I just wanted to comment on the point about download sites. Generally these are extremely dangerous to the health of your PC!

First, they are usually offering illegal downloads which can get you in serious trouble.

Second, even if the legality issue doesn't bother you, as you correctly pointed out, these sites (and their downloads) are riddled with SPAM.

Finally, SPAM may be the very least of your problems. Downloads like this can contain malware, viruses and even ransomware!

I have a colleague who downloaded a "free" program like this and his entire system was compromised and encrypted with a message that his data would not be released until he paid the ransom. They further threatened to publicly publish his content if he did not pay the ransom! And some of the more devious ransom infections are now offering to free your data in exchange for you infecting other people!

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 12/14/16 10:33 AM.