Bernie -

I would suggest Native Instruments Session Horns for $99 or Session Horns Pro for $299, but you need the full Kontakt at $99 to use it. If you can afford it, however, for $599, you can get Native Instruments Komplete 11, which includes Session Horns plus a whole bunch of other good stuff. Session Horns Pro, however, only comes bundled with Komplete 11 Ultimate, which would push you over $1000.

Session Horns has a smart voice split, so if you play a chord, it will split the sounds between up to four different instruments (for example, two trumpets, a tenor sax, and a trombone), and it can even drop the octave of the bottom instrument.

If you want to hear and see how it works, there is a great video tutorial on Groove3 (which is not free, but not expensive) where Eli Krantzberg does a great job of demonstrating how it works and you get to hear the results.

Others may have better suggestions for brass libraries, but I've been pretty happy with the sounds from Session Horns (I have the Pro version, well actually both, since I started with the basic version and then upgraded to Pro).

Additionally, once you have the full Kontakt player, there are a number of free and low cost orchestral instrument libraries out there that sound pretty good.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com