You should take the time to read up on MIDI and begin to understand what it is and how it works. Google search is helpful. It's also an excellent idea to take the time to go through PG Music's video tutorials one by one and work through them. They cover all the basics to get you started quickly.

On the SUPPORT tab.... left column.... Tutorials: http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_bbw_nosound.htm

Essentially, any keyboard with MIDI will work for any midi input capable device. Midi has channels and patches and must be assigned properly in order to work.

Your midi device outputs the midi data. Midi is not music.... it has to be converted into music along the path the data travels. It sends this data on a midi channel, and once the software is listening on that channel, the midi data can be used.
In the computer, your keyboard should show up as an available midi input device.... meaning the computer sees it and can access it's data. In the software, either BB or a DAW, you would select the midi device as input to a track and then set up the parameters of channel, patch, etc.... This is done after a synth of some sort has been linked to that same track. It is the synth that will see and be able to use the data on the channel to then use the patch you assigned to make sounds of one sort or another.

Does that sound totally confusing? Yeah it was to me as well when I first started. It took a few days to get sound. Once you grasp the whole concept of midi and their relationship to synths, it's actually fairly simple.

Many DAW's have an "INSERT SYNTH" function that makes all of the synth setup a one click event. Doing it manually is also a snap in a good DAW.

Midi is fun and works well. Take the time to educate yourself. When you get stumped by something in the video's.... come back and ask in the appropriate forum.

Good luck...and have fun.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.