Thanks for the feedback, guys.

pghboemike -- I'll give the ASIO thing a try, though it doesn't seem quite like my problem.

Maybe I should start by stating more clearly: I'm not sure what's SUPPOSED to happen, so I'm not sure if the problem is in my setup, or just in my head.

GuitarHacker -- I =think= I understand MIDI pretty well. I got my first MIDI keyboard back in '86, and I've written some programs to parse MIDI data. (In fact I was tempted to fire up a demo program for reading MIDI input/playing it just to see if there was a real issue other than user ignorance.)

That said, this is right where my issue is:

>>you would select the midi device as input to a track

How?

I've gone through videos and realized a difference between the current version of BiaB and the previous ones is: no piano at the top. I would have expected (in an edition of the software that still had that) the piano keys to light up when I pressed keys on the keystation (sound notwithstanding), and indeed the videos/tutorials I've seen show that.

I found one on hooking up RealBand and when I went to select the MIDI device I got the "There is not enough memory available for this task", which is the error I get when I try to use MIDI-OX.

That sucks because It's not that there's not enough, I'm positive. It's that there's too much (32GB).

So again, I'm stymied.